the laid.back Buddhist has MOVED...back!

Thursday, October 23

Yay for HOME!

Hip-hip-hooray! Times a gazillion!

It's perfect because my classes tomorrow happened to get canceled (b/c you know, I always feel so guilty for skipping...that silly freshman "Oo, I'm so rebelliously grown-up" naivety of yesteryear is not worth sabotaging my professors' impression of me (aka I want to keep that recommendation letter positive).

In prep for going home, I bought my sister a set of those ridiculously over-priced multicolored PILOT gel pens that she adores and one of my favorite books (Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver) with a short note on the inside cover from me.

Can you believe the university bookstore had the paperback for only $11? Which is a great deal for such an awesome book, especially in comparison to those friggin' pens.

Of course, my mom is going to scold me for spending money on my kid sis yet again. But jeez, I can't help it! It's one of the 3 areas in my life where I refuse to scrimp on (the other 2 include eating good food and saving up to go all-out on a good vacation).

So yeah, I know I tend to spoil the people in my life whom I love. Although, I can probably argue quite convincingly that it was money well spent as educational supplies.

And uhh, these new sunglasses? Hm.

For health protection purposes... obviously.

3 Musing(s):

Anonymous said...

Pilot makes good pens.

BTW, why aren't you on Twitter yet? ;-)

megabrooke said...

hi lady:)
that book looks really interesting- ill have to check it out.
yay for new sunnies!
hope you're well:)

Becka Robinson said...

Sunglasses? They should be covered by health insurance they are so protective! ;)

Oh and there's a little something for you on my blog:

http://miss-mrs.blogspot.com/2008/10/figgy-fig-cookies.html

:)


IF YOU'RE GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP GOING.
Winston Churchill