the laid.back Buddhist has MOVED...back!

Saturday, June 2

The “O” Factor


“O” for what?

Well, there’s organic since I adore all foods organic (except organic chemistry *insert shudder*). However, Vy would be the first to shout out (only she’d never raise her voice, ha!) that I meant it for “orgasmic." Shoot, maybe I really should join that facebook group she linked me to, something about “it’s not my fault everything I say can be misconstrued as sexual innuendo.”

Admittedly, I do consider orgasms a Very Important pleasure point. But that passionate-impulsive-in-the-moment-kind-of-good livin’ can mean just as much as, if not more than, some real good lovin'.

Like, savoring fresh raspberries, dipped in honey
Or encountering a really good musical piece
A close competitive game of ping-pong (and winning it, of
course!)
Speeding down a winding road along the countryside
A sweet, lingering butterfly kiss on the corner of the lips
Acing that damned test
Sharing a moment of hilarity (or insanity)…

But, I digress.



No, the “O” factor of the day is my admired Oprah Winfrey, who is quoted as saying, “I define JOY as a sustained sense of well-being and internal peace—a connection to what matters.”

Well said from a woman of excellent caliber and more than fair judgement. And, like all sound advice—easier said than done. I mean from Oprah’s definition of joy, all it comes down to is first defining what matters to you, stay connected to it, and then….

…wal-LAH! Thou art JOYFUL. Easy-peasy (or is it?).

So you congratulate yourself for figurin out what your priorities are, but now you need to know how to strike a balance to maintain said priorities among the diverse distractions of daily life. All the while being careful that you don’t misplace priorities, or heaven forbid, replace with wrong priorities! Really does seem quite the task to be constantly double-checking with yourself that if you died in the next minute, you could leave this world with a fulfilled heart… That while you may have things you could’ve done had you not died so inopportunely, at least there aren't things you won’t regret. Things you should’ve done when you had the chance in the present to change things. You end up questioning all the attention paid, "Well, is it actually worth all that stress, insecurity, and constant worry?"

Goddamn right, you bet it is.

So, I try often to think of what I’m missing in my life, what I should’ve paid more attention to, and to what actually matters. It’s tough being upfront with your own failures. Even tougher to be honest about your own shortcomings, but hey...easier said than done, right.

Right. Just like sometimes I think I have NO idea what the hell I'm talking about. Arrogant punk. Oprah's 53 and I can't even legally drink yet! Sooo, then what’s a girl to do when she ain’t got a flippin’ clue?

At the risk of sounding like a Nike commercial, I say, "Just do it!"

Do everything. Swiftly, with unforgiving style.





And, then. Well, then hope you don't get too fucked up.



“Life’s messy. You do what you can. Life is short. Pal, life is so short.” (Caro, Duchess Soaring Hawk)


0 Musing(s):


IF YOU'RE GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP GOING.
Winston Churchill