the laid.back Buddhist has MOVED...back!

Wednesday, November 7

Conspiring to Ignite



What are you waiting for?

I’m waiting for me to be ready.


No. What you are is AFRAID.

I believe you can have anything you want, you can do everything you put your mind to...and you?

You’re scared shitless.

Oh sure, you say don’t know the direction your life is headed. But behind that safer façade of restlessness, you always knew. You saw the truth of the matter but saved the details for later. So how much longer are you going to spend pondering how you got here?

There's experience, and then there's experiencing.

Things aren't ever quite the way you'd want it to be. You can waste your time looking for answers already found or you can make your move.

You can make it. Now.

Nothing’s going to change you but yourself. Why let things happen? Open your eyes, chase this spark, and make it your light.

I don’t care if you’re angry when I say...

If you continue to wait, you may never be ready.


And who the hell are you?
I’m the start of a new you.

She doesn't only chase boldness. She is boldness.

27 Musing(s):

Anonymous said...

Oooh, sparklers!

Magari said...

Damn straight girl.

We were given life, now lets get off our asses and do something with it. Fear is for the weak, for the sheep.

RubyShooZ said...

I'm laughing here because after reading this post I had one thought to share here and dcr sort of beat me to it - the word was:

Ooooh! but the rest of it was Ooohh - hardliner huh? I thank you for this post and feel like sending it to a few folks I know - one in particular who just keeps waiting ... and waiting... and....well you know the story.

Thanks, I love hardliners. Much peace to you today.

~ RubyShooZ ~

Anonymous said...

Joanne :) How old are you? Do you have a bF? :p

peteej said...

I read once that many people have a fear of success. They break it down into a bunch of implausible what-if scenarios, which then increases the level of fear, thus perpetuating inaction.

"What if I get famous and then have my privacy invaded by paparazzi?" "What if I mess it up and lose everything?" "What if I end up like Britney Spears?" Stuff like that. (There's another Britney reference for you.)

Instead of forging ahead and taking what comes, they stagnate and live a vanilla life. You're on the right track with this post, regardless of who you're talking about.

Moooooog35 said...

You've emboldened me to pursue my dreams!!

However, according to your post, I have to be a girl.

Although I don't really want to, I'll go ahead and schedule the operation. Then I'll let you know if this "go for it" thing really worked.

What should I use for a name? Moog-netta? Moog-afina?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post...Really. I feel as if I am too hard on myself sometimes and have often had the "new me" come in and try to take over, but it hardly worked, if ever. I needed someone else to tell me that they are and feel the same, that they too need some "readjusting" if you will. Scared shitless. Yep.

Valley Girl said...

I love the format of this post--really gets us inside of your internal dialogue.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post - I have been there myself. You go girl...

Anonymous said...

No matter what anyone says. It is NEVER too late. Unless your dead.

I've learned to like that stance because the occasion comes up often.

Toadee said...

absolutely old girl, spot on

Anonymous said...

Hi dear blogger friend! I'm in a middle of a meeting in Milan, so I have to be quick:
Good luck with todays competition - You've had my vote as the Best Diarist of course.
Hope you'll support me on the Best European Blog:
http://2007.weblogawards.org/polls/best-european-blog-non-uk-1.php

Airam said...

Great post!

Mean Rachel said...

I never thought of myself in a text format. I think for me it might be more like: "She doesn't only chase italics. She is italicized. ;)

Thanks for the friend request on 20somethingbloggers!

Lisa said...

Get out of my head, woman! Haha. Thanks, Joanne. I needed this.

Becka Robinson said...

you're glorious.

floydcraig said...

Congratulations! You Are A Winner! You have won a Floyds Best Blogger Award!
See Your Award Here: http://floydssecrets.blogspot.com

Oh-I voted for you!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the blogroll add - i hope i prove to be deserving!

your blog is fantastic ... i can't wait to catch up on all your writing.

and, you know, provide myself a distraction from actually having to do work at the office:)

mcgee said...

Wow so inspiring. This is just what I needed right now. Thank you for yet another amazing post. =)

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Chris from ChristopherTysh.com - I am moving to a new domain: www.SelfImprovementJournal.com

I don't want to loose my pagerank and all that, but I like this domain a lot better than using my name.

If you could update the link in your Blogroll and make the text of the link say "Self Improvement Journal" , that would be awesome.

Thanks so much!
-Chris

Shelia said...

I love this post Joanne, very good!

Anonymous said...

Love it Joanne...written perfectly and to the point!

Anonymous said...

AMEN.

Seriously, I wish I was as smart as YOU when I was your age...

ANA said...

Great post! It is beautifully written. It could as well be the epilogue for my post today.

Feisty Crone said...

Yeah!

Anonymous said...

I scared of changes that's why I am waiting..

I know changes is a must in our life.. I know that.. BUT...

Anonymous said...

Chasing the spark is what it's all about.


IF YOU'RE GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP GOING.
Winston Churchill